Chicken Biryani is one of the most amazing royal delicacies introduced to Indians by the Persians. Since then it has been much popular and is considered to be a luxurious treat to enjoy on special occasions.
Today we will show you how to prepare the Biryani Rice
For this recipe we need:
- 50 gms – Ghee/refined oil
- 60 grams of Sliced red onions
- 500 grams chicken
- 500 grams of Basmati Rice
- 10 grams of Biryani rice seasoning
- 1000 ml of Water
- 10 gms – Chopped coriander
- 10 gms chopped mint
- 30 gms – Fried onion
- Add the rice to a large pot and rinse it at least twice. Drain and soak in freshwater for 30 min and then drain into a colander. Boil the rice along with the seasoning until it is cooked.
- On a medium heat around 180 degrees fry the onion for 2.5 minutes stirring often until uniformly light brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and sauté until it becomes pale for 5 min.
- Lower the flame completely. Cover and cook until the chicken is soft, tender and completely cooked.
- Check if the chicken is cooked by pricking with a fork or knife. It has to be just cooked and not overdone.
- Layer drained rice all over the chicken.
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat until the rice is done completely.
- Rest it covered for 15 min.
- Garnish with onion and chopped coriander