Fajitas were invented by Mexican ranch workers in Texas who were often paid with what was considered the throwaway cuts of meat. They would tenderize the meat with lime juice and grill turning a tough cut into something totally delicious.
For this recipe we need:
- 250 grams of Beef
- 30 gms – Demi-glace sauce
- 15 grams of white onion
- 10 grams of red pepper
- 10 grams of green pepper
- 5 grams of garlic
- 10 grams of olive oil
- 1 gram of coriander leaf
- 25grams of Mexican Fajita seasoning
- 4 nos -Tortilla
- In a large bowl, combine corn oil, lemon juice and Mexican fajita seasonings;
- Add the beef. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillets, sauté peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes.
- Return pepper mixture & demi-glace sauce to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half.
- Add toppings as desired, and fold in half.